Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Women's Conference

WOMEN'S CONFERENCE
APRIL 30 - MAY 3, 2008

A bunch of women from our ward got together and went to Women's Conference in Utah. It was such an amazing experience. I was able to go and room with a good friend of mine. This is a picture of the first day we got there. It was snowing and us warm weather girls weren't quite ready for how cold it was.
We were able to go to some awesome classes and we were able to listen to some amazing speakers. President Monson, the prophet, was the final speaker and what an experience to be in his presence. I cannot express in words how I felt being there listening to a prophet of God. From the moment that he walked into the room and everyone started singing "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet," I was overcome with the spirit and truly felt of the love that he has for the Lord and for each one of us. I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to go and be uplifted and inspired to be a better wife, mother, sister and friend. I appreciate a husband and family members who were able to take care of the kids so I could have this opportunity.

Roommate - Amy and Rooming across the hall - Caroline, Velvet, and Sara

Good times with some good friends!

2 comments:

Jill Wright said...

That looks so fun! I'll have to go with you guys next year...I miss everyone!

thebigcookiefam said...

What a beautiful group of women. It looks like you guys had a blast.