Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Disneyland

Last week, April 9th and 10th, Tommy and I took Bridon and Danner to Disneyland for the very first time. The boys had no idea that we were doing this. We went to the airport on Tuesday night. The boys were so excited. They had never been on an airplane before. We still didn't tell them where we were going. Bridon figured out that we were going to California, but that was all. The next morning we woke up bright and early and headed for Disneyland. I let it slip on accident that we were going to Disneyland, and Bridon started bouncing in his seat saying, "We are going to Disneyland." Danner must not have heard me because he kept saying, "No we're not." No matter what Bridon said, Danner would not believe that we were going to Disneyland until we were actually there. It was such a fun surprise.

This is Bridon and Danner going into the Buzz Lightyear ride. Danner really liked to ride with me on this ride because I really stunk at this game and he liked that he got a lot more points than me every time.

No matter what Bridon said to Tommy, Bridon could not convince him to go on this ride. Tommy does not do well on rides that go in circles. And for the sake of not ruining the entire trip, we decided it would be best if he sat this one out.



Both Bridon and Danner were picked for Jedi Training. They were so excited. Bridon got to fight Darth Mal and Danner fought Darth Vader. Bridon is convinced that if they hadn't stopped him he would have defeated Darth Mal.

Wow! That pizza must have been really good.

This picture was taken right after we rode the water ride in California Adventure. That was Danner's favorite ride in California Adventure. He didn't like California Screamin' all that much. (A fast roller coaster that goes up side down) He said going upside down kind of made him sick. This did happen to be Bridon's favorite ride.
Some of Bridon and Danner's favorite rides from Disneyland were Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz Lightyear, and Indiana Jones. We had so much fun and were grateful for the chance to spend some time with Bridon and Danner. Two days went really fast, a little too fast I think.

4 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

You are such fun parents. I love that you surprised them. My parents did that to us one year and we all about fainted! It makes it so much fun. I like that you left the little ones at home - I bet that made for an easier trip.

dustin and amy said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to go to disneyland. It looks like you had a ton of fun! That water ride at California Adventure is one of my favorites, depending on the weather. What lucky boys you have!

Shannon Martin said...

What a great surprise! I bet you had a blast with just the two older kids. Fun to spend some time with them and in such a fun place. I am sure that it won't be a trip that they forget.

jen said...

How awesome! I'm planning on doing this with Zoe this year too. My SIL & I are gonna each take one of our girls. I CAN'T wait!!! I'm planning on doing the same surprise thing. What fun parents you are!