Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break

Well I am finally getting around to writing about Spring Break. The kids had off 3/17 - 3/22 for Spring Break. We started off the weekend by going to my grandma's 80th birthday party at the church in Taylor. We decided to stay at Grandma Deen's cabin that night after the party. Then Tommy was going to go home on Sunday and I was going to stay a couple of days longer. By Sunday afternoon a couple of us weren't feeling too good and it was very cold there, so we all decided to come home.

The weather was so nice here and so on Monday we enjoyed a day of playing outside and then in the afternoon we went to the movies. In the picture is the group of boys I dared take to the movies (No Coleson, thank heavens. My neighbor kept him for nap time.) We went and saw "Horton Hears a Who." I don't know how great of a movie it was, but all seven of these boys (two of them only 3 years old) sat through the whole movie with barely a peep. That earns 5 stars in my book.

Did I mention how nice the weather was this week? So, on Tuesday Velvet and I took a bunch of kids to the park. There were 12 in all (13 if you count Coleson). I don't know how many times I must have counted to 12 that day, but we had fun and returned home with all 13. WOW!

Wednesday we decided that bowling sounded like fun, for the kids at least. It was all kind of a blur for me. The 3 and 4-year-olds had a lane of there own. Good thing, because they did not want to wait their turn. I didn't really get much of a chance to watch the other kids, but they all said they had fun. Then us crazy moms decided it would be fun to take them to Panda Express for lunch. Ha! Ha! I don't think I have ever received so many dirty looks in my life.
Thursday we decided to brave the zoo. Surprisingly, it didn't seem too crowded once we were inside, and we all had a great time. The kids favorite part, of course, was petting the sting rays. But a close second would have to be throwing their lunches to the ducks.

Who are those cute boys?


I thought we left the monkeys in the zoo?

On Friday we did nothing. It was great. We slept in. We played games. We played outside. We watched movies. We read books. We played with Coleson. I am grateful for my amazing boys and look forward to summer and more days like this one.

3 comments:

jen said...

Wow! What a fun week you had! I loved our spring break too. It is so nice to have no schedule & plan fun stuff & just hang out...plus the weather is still nice.

dustin and amy said...

Isn't it fun to have your kids home for a week and then just when you're getting use to it you have to send them back to school. Oh well, we still have the summer. Lots of swimming to come!

thebigcookiefam said...

you are the best mom! what else can I say, I think that sums it all up!! you are the combination of all out fun mom and spending time with your boys but yet they still know their boundries. Way to go Lindsey!